If you don’t already have one, here are the simple steps to acquiring a PVC before the registration period ends:
1. As long as you’re a Nigerian who has attained the required voting age of 18, all you have to do is show up at the nearest INEC LGA office with a valid means of identification like a birth certificate, a driver’s licence, national passport, or any other document that can prove identity, age and nationality. The exercise runs between 9am and 3pm, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
2. After the registration process is complete, INEC will issue you a Temporary Voter’s Card (TVC) as a placeholder for when the permanent one will be ready.
3. When your PVC is ready, you can use the TVC to claim it at your INEC LGA office after your name has been verified on the distribution list.
4. You can verify your PVC status by checking if your name has been added to the voters’ register by checking the ”Voter Register Verification Platform” on the INEC website.
5. The Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) exercise will be suspended in December 2018, 60 days before the commencement of the election.
CVR is done in person and not by proxy: Anyone who wishes to register must appear in person at the CVR Centre of registration. There is no registration by proxy.
Multiple registrations is not allowed: A Voter can only register in one registration Centre, if the voter resides in more than one constituency, he/she must choose only one location to register to avoid double registration, which is an offence punishable by law.
To be Eligible for CVR, a person:
· Must be a citizen of Nigeria
· Must have attained the age of 18 years, on or before the registration day.
· Is above 18 years and could not register in any of the previous registration exercise.
· Is resident, works in, or originate from the LGA/Area Council or RA/Ward
covered by the Registration Area Centre.
· Not subject to any legal incapacity to vote under any law, rules or regulations
· in force in Nigeria
· Must present him/her self to the CVR officers for registration and is able to provide proof of identity, age and nationality, if requested;
· Has registered before but his/her name/photograph/fingerprints were not captured; such a person must provide his/her Temporary Voters Card (TVC)
· Has PVC or TVC but names not on Register of Voters.
TRANSFER OF VOTERS
A person who has relocated to another place outside the unit in which he/she registered cannot vote in his/her new location unless he/she transfers his/her registration.
To confirm your pick-up location online visit pvc.inecnigeria.org or visit these locations.
1. 77 Hospital Road, Etinan, Etinan LGA
2. Mbak Ekpe, Ibesikpo, Asutan LGA
3. Hosing Estate, Oko Ita, Ibiono Ibom LGA
4. Mbak Atal Item, Itu LGA
5. Odot, Nsit Atai LGA
6. Afaha Offiong, Nsit, Nsit Ibom LGA
7. Ikot Edibon, Nsit Ubium LGA
8. Mbak Road, Idu Uruan LGA,
9. Beside State Police Hq. Ikot Akpan Ibia, Uyo LGA
For further information, visit the INEC website @ www.inecnigeria.org